Off Grid Power – Solar, Wind and Hybrid Systems in Australia
Offgrid Power Systems
Regen Power pioneered the innovative HybridGEN offgrid power Pack. This replaces the conventional diesel generators by combining solar photovoltaic panels and wind generators with our innovative variable speed generator technology (patent pending). Furthermore, this innovation provides a reliable power source that is both economically and environmentally sustainable. It is also adaptable to all locations in Australia. HybridGEN finds multiple applications in:
- Solar-Wind Remote Area Power Supplies
- Remote Mobile Telecom Towers
- Drinking water treatment plants
- Irrigation systems
- Hybrid Sewage Treatment Plants
- Solar Hybrid Cool Rooms
AcquaSmart – A sustainable solution to provide clean drinking water to remote areas. This system is another of Regen’s innovative achievements throughout the past 16 years. AcquaSmart is powered by Regen’s patented HybridGEN system that combines renewable energy sources such as solar PV, small wind turbines, micro-hydro technologies with Variable Speed Generators.
This system is optimal for
- Remote villages with difficult access to clean drinking water, with no piped water systems
- Remote dispersed households spread over vast difficult terrain, with no piped water systems
- Villages with persistent problems of achieving safe drinking water standards in their piped systems
- Remote areas relying on offgrid power.
Another category of offgrid power is the wind-solar hybrid systems. They are more reliable alternatives for remote area energy supply. Unlike the conventional offgrid systems, that are naturally limited to daylight production, these units can generate energy at any time of day or night. Although it is more intermittent than solar energy, it also benefits from solar support. A combination of these two resources can yield a much more dependable power system, especially with the combination of a battery storage.
However, solar-wind hybrids has less dependence on size of battery storage as there is less reliance on one method of power production. Applications for off-grid HybridGEN systems include:
- Construction sites where electrical demand fluctuates day and night
- Remote accommodations on oil, gas and mineral exploration sites
- Rural areas, islands, houses, cabins
- Mobile Telecom towers